Veta-K1® Capsules contain phytonadione with excipients in an artificially colored soft gelatin shell.
Veta-K1® Capsules for oral administration possesses the same type and degree of activity as does naturally occurring vitamin K. The primary function of vitamin K is to stimulate the production via the liver of active prothrombin from a precursor protein. The mechanism by which vitamin K promotes formation of prothrombin at the molecular level has not been established.
Caution: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Veta-K1 Capsules are indicated in dogs and cats to counter hypoprothrombinemia induced by ingestion of coumarin-based compounds, common ingredients of commercial rodenticides, and other drug induced hypoprothrombinemia where it is definitely shown that the result is due to interference with vitamin K metabolism, (e.g. salicylates).
Veta-K1 capsules contain 25 mg of phytonadione for the treatment of acute hypoprothrombinemia (with hemorrhage) in cats and dogs.
Capsules possess the same type and degree of activity as does naturally-occurring vitamin K
- Effective Follow-up
Veta-K1 oral capsules are used in follow-up therapy only after administration of phytonadione injection and hospitalization is no longer required
Vitamin K stimulates the production via the liver of active prothrombin from a precursor protein
Drug-induced hypoprothrombinemia responds to interference with vitamin K metabolism
Phytonadione will not counteract other therapy such as the anticoagulant action of heparin
No withdrawal period
- To be used only as follow-up therapy only after administration of phytonadione injection and hospitalization is no longer required.
- Repeated large doses of vitamin K1 are not warranted in hepatic disease if the response to initial therapy is unsatisfactory.
- The smallest effective dose should be sought to minimize risk of adverse reaction.
- Will not counteract the anticoagulant action of heparin.
- Protect from light at all times.
|List No.||Pack Size||Case Size|
|1VET006||50 oral capsules||12|