Bimeda Launches Macrosyn™ (tulathromycin injection) 100 mg/mL, becoming the first available and launched FDA-approved brand alternative Draxxin® in the US.
Bimeda is pleased to announce the launch of Macrosyn (tulathromycin injection) 100mg/mL. Macrosyn is a ready-to-use injectable solution containing 100 mg of tulathromycin/mL, a broad spectrum, fast-acting antibiotic for use in cattle and swine. Macrosyn is available in 100mL, 250mL, and 500mL sizes.
In gaining approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Macrosyn was granted the same label claims as Draxxin and is bioequivalent to the pioneer product in:
- Active ingredient & inactive ingredients (including carriers and excipients)
- Strength, dosage form & route of administration
Macrosyn is a great addition to Bimeda's extensive range of products. Our long-term experience in the brand alternative business is proving successful by being the first to the US market with a brand alternative tulathromycin. We are also proud to license and manufacture Macrosyn in our new state-of-the-art production line in North America.
- In beef and non-lactating dairy cattle, Macrosyn is approved for the control & treatment of bovine respiratory disease (BRD) (Mannheimia haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida, Histophilus somni, Mycoplasma bovis), treatment of bovine foot rot (Fusobacterium necrophorum, Porphyromonas levii), and treatment of pink eye (Moraxella bovis).
- In calves (suckling, dairy and veal calves) Macrosyn is approved for the treatment of bovine respiratory disease (BRD) (M. haemolytica, P. multocida, H. somni, M. bovis).
- In swine, Macrosyn is approved for the control & treatment of swine respiratory disease (SRD) (Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, P. multocida, Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae), and the treatment of SRD (Haemophilus parasuis, Bordetella bronchiseptica).