Dexamethasone sodium phosphate (a synthetic adrenocortical steroid), is a white or slightly yellow crystalline powder. It is freely soluble in water and is exceedingly hygroscopic.
Each mL of sterile aqueous solution contains Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate 4 mg (equivalent to dexamethasone 3 mg), Sodium Citrate 10 mg, Sodium Bisulfite 2 mg, Benzyl Alcohol 1.5% as preservative, in Water for Injection q.s., Sodium Hydroxide and/or Hydrochloric Acid to adjust pH to between 7.0 and 8.5.
Caution: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Dexamethasone sodium phosphate injection is indicated as a rapid adrenal glucocorticoid and/or anti-inflammatory agent in horses.
- Concentrated: Relatively large amount of active ingredient in small volume of solution
- Fast acting: Rapid onset of activity
- Economical: Effective at low dosages
- Safe: Approved by FDA
Do not use in horses intented for food.
- Clinical and experimental data have demonstrated that corticosteroids administered orally or by injection to animals may induce the first stage of parturition if used during the last trimester of pregnancy and may precipitate premature parturition.
- Do not use in viral infections.
- Except when used for emergency therapy, dexamethasone sodium phosphate is contraindicated in animals with tuberculosis and chronic nephritis. Existence of congestive heart failure, osteoporosis and diabetes are relative contraindications.
- Overdosage of some glucocorticoids may result in sodium retention, fluid retention, potassium loss and weight gain.
|List No.||Pack Size||Case Size|