Flunixin Meglumine is a potent, non-narcotic, nonsteroidal analgesic agent with anti-inflammatory and antipyretic activity. Each milliliter of Flunazine® Injectable Solution contains flunixin meglumine equivalent to 50 mg flunixin, 0.1 mg edetate disodium, 2.2 mg sodium formaldehyde sulfoxylate, 4.0 mg diethanolamine, 207.2 mg propylene glycol, 5.0 mg phenol as preservative, hydrochloric acid, water for injection q.s.
Caution: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
- Recommended for the alleviation of inflammation and pain associated with musculoskeletal disorders in the horse
- Recommended for the alleviation of visceral pain associated with colic in the horse
- Indicated for the control of pyrexia associated with bovine respiratory disease, endotoxemia and acute bovine mastitis.
- Indicated for the control of inflammation in endotoxemia.
- Significantly more pain relief than pentazocine, meperidine and codeine
- Offers quick onset of effective analgesic activity, within 2 hours of administration
- Active up to 36 hours
- Non-narcotic, non-steroidal, no adverse reactions when used as directed
- Indicated for horses and cattle
- Approved by FDA
|Meat and Offal||4 days|
Not for use in calves to be processed for veal.
|Not for use in horses intended for food.|
- In horses, isolated reports of local reactions following intramuscular injection, particularly in the neck, have been received. In rare instances in horses, fatal or nonfatal clostridial infections or other infections have been reported in association with intramuscular use of flunixin meglumine.
- In horses and cattle, rare instances of anaphylactic-like reactions, some of which have been fatal, have been reported, primarily following intravenous use.
- In horses, intra-arterial injection should be avoided.
- In cattle, do not use in animals showing hypersensitivity to flunixin meglumine. Use judiciously when renal impairment or gastric ulceration are suspected.
- In horses, the effect of Flunazine® Injectable Solution on pregnancy has not been determined.
- In cattle, do not use in bulls intended for breeding, as reproductive effects of Flunazine® Injectable Solution in these classes of cattle have not been investigated.
- Do not use in horses intended for human consumption.
- Since many NSAIDs possess the potential to induce gastrointestinal ulceration, concomitant use of Flunazine® Injectable Solution with other anti-inflammatory drugs, such as other NSAIDs and corticosteroids, should be avoided or closely monitored.
|List No.||Pack Size||Case Size|