Flunixin Meglumine is a potent, non-narcotic, nonsteroidal analgesic agent with anti-inflammatory and antipyretic activity. Each mL of Flunazine®-S (flunixin meglumine) Injectable Solution contains flunixin meglumine equivalent to 50 mg flunixin, 0.1 mg edetate disodium, 2.2 mg sodium formaldehyde sulfoxylate, 4.0 mg diethanolamine, 207.2 mg propylene glycol, 5.0 mg phenol as preservative, hydrochloric acid, water for injection q.s.
Caution: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Flunazine®-S (flunixin meglumine) Injectable Solution is indicated for the control of pyrexia associated with swine respiratory disease.
- Swine claim: a flunixin meglumine injectable approved for use in swine
- Reduces fever
- Fast acting: maximum plasma concentrations in as little as 0.4 hours post administration
- Long lasting: quantifiable drug concentration can be measured up to 18 hours following IM injection
- Potent: more relief than with pentazocine, meperidine and codeine
- Safe: Non-narcotic, non-steroidal; no known contraindications when used as directed
|Meat and Offal||12 days|
- Do not use in animals showing hypersensitivity to flunixin meglumine.
- Use judiciously when renal impairment or gastric ulceration is suspected.
- As a class, cyclo-oxygenase inhibitory NSAIDs may be associated with gastrointestinal, renal and hepatic toxicity. Concurrent administration of potentially nephrotoxic drugs should be carefully approached.
- NSAIDs may inhibit the prostaglandins that maintain normal homeostatic function.
- Concomitant use of flunixin meglumine with other anti-inflammatory drugs, such as other NSAIDs and corticosteroids, should be avoided.
- Not for use in breeding swine.
- Intramuscular injection may cause local tissue irritation and damage.
|List No.||Pack Size||Case Size|