Praziquantel Injection Cestocide is a clear solution containing 56.8 milligrams of praziquantel per mL which has been formulated for subcutaneous or intramuscular use in dogs and cats for removal of cestodes (tapeworms).
Caution: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Praziquantel Injection Cestocide is indicated for the removal of the following canine and/or feline cestodes.
- Dipylidium caninum,
- Taenia pisiformis,
- Echinococcus granulosus, and for
- the removal and control of Echinococcus multilocularis
- Taenia taeniaeformis
- Dipylidium caninum
- Broad-spectrum cestocide for use in dogs and cats
- Effective against Echinococcus multilocularis in dogs
- Equivalent to the pioneer product, Droncit® (praziquantel) Injectable Cestocide
- Flexibility of administration - Sub Q or IM
- Low toxicity - No toxicity demonstrated in dogs or cats at 5x dosage rates
- Safe for use in breeding and pregnant dogs and cats
- No known contraindications
- Strict hygienic precautions should be taken when handling dogs or feces suspected of harboring E. multilocularis. Infected dogs treated for the first time with Praziquantel Injection solution and dogs treated at intervals greater than 28 days may shed eggs in the feces after treatment.
- Mild side effects in dogs during clinical trials were rare but included brief pain responses, mild vomiting and/or drowsy or staggering gait.
- Mild side effects in cats during clinical trials were rare but included diarrhea, weakness, vomition, salivation, sleepiness, burning on injection and/or temporary lack of appetite.
- Local irritation or swelling at the site of subcutaneous injection has been reported for cats.
|List No.||Pack Size||Case Size|