ProstaMate is a sterile solution that contains 5 mg/mL of dinoprost—a naturally occuring prostaglandin F2-alpha — and is indicated for use in cattle.
ProstaMate Sterile Solution is indicated as a luteolytic agent. ProstaMate is effective only in those cattle having a corpus luteum, i.e., those which ovulated at least five days prior to treatment.
|Class of Cattle||Indication||Dosage||Route of Administration|
|Beef Cows, Beef Heifers & Replacement Dairy Heifers||Estrus Synchronization||5 mL||IM|
|Lactating Dairy Cows with a Corpus Luteum||Unobserved (Silent) Estrus||5 mL||IM|
|Cattle||Treatment of Pyometra (chronic endometritis)||5 mL||IM|
|Beef Cows, Beef Heifers & Replacement Dairy Heifers||Abortion||5 mL||IM|
|Lactating Dairy Cows||Use with gonadorelin injection to synchronize estrous cycles to allow fixed-time artificial insemination (FTAI)||5 mL||IM|
|Lactating Dairy Cows, Beef & Dairy Replacement Heifers, Suckled Beef Cows||For use with EAZI-BREED™ CIDR® (progesterone intravaginal insert) Cattle Insert2 for synchronization of estrus||5 mL||IM|
- A thoroughly researched molecule you can trust for safety & performance
- No meat or milk withdrawal
- A synchronized breeding program with ProstaMate can:
- Improve pregnancy rates
- Reduce time necessary for heat detection
- The same formulation as Lutalyse® 3
Additional Safety Information
- Not for use in humans.
- Women of childbearing age, asthmatics, and persons with bronchial and other respiratory problems should exercise extreme caution when handling this product.
- Accidental spillage on the skin should be washed off immediately with soap and water.
- No vial stopper should be entered more than 20 times. For this reason, the 90 mL bottle should only be used for cattle.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may inhibit prostaglandin synthesis; therefore this class of drugs should not be administered concurrently.
- Store at controlled room temperature 20° - 25°C (68° - 77°F). Protect from freezing.
- Severe localized clostridial infections associated with injection of dinoprost tromethamine have been reported
|List No.||Pack Size||Case Size|
2 EAZI™ CIDR® Cattle Insert are registered trademarks of Zoetis
3 Lutalyse® is a registered trademark of Zoetis