XylaMedTM is a sedative and analgesic for use in horses and cervidae only
Caution: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
XylaMedTM should be used in horses and Cervidae (Fallow Deer, Mule Deer, Sika Deer, White-Tailed Deer and Elk) when it is desirable to produce a state of sedation accompanied by a shorter period of analgesia.
Facilitates the handling of aggressive or nervous animals, reducing physical stress and risk to both animal and practitioner
- Successfully used in conducting diagnostic procedures, Orthopedic procedures, Dental procedures & minor surgical procedures of short duration
- Therapeutic medication for relief of pain following injury or surgery
- Preanesthetic to general anaesthesia or in conjunction with local anesthetics during major surgical procedures
approved by FDA
- This drug should not be administered to domestic food-producing animals.
- Not for use in horses intended for human consumption.
- Careful consideration should be given before administering to horses or Cervidae with significantly depressed respiration, severe pathologic heart disease, advanced liver or kidney disease, severe endotoxic or traumatic shock, or stress conditions such as extreme heat, cold, high altitude or fatigue.
- Do not use during the breeding season of Cervidae.
- Do not use in conjunction with tranquilizers.
- Intracarotid arterial injection should be avoided.
- Withdrawal Period – Delete this section, it’s not applicable.
|List No.||Pack Size||Case Size|